Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Movin' on up'

End of the run near Santa Monica Pier
Since the pain cave entry, I have not been doing too well with my New Year's tri/blog resolutions, but there is a good reason for it. On MLK weekend, I went to LA for 5 days to visit my besties from high school, and although I could have trained more, my focus was on spending time with them. I did however wake up earlyish (while my two besties continued to sleep since we were out late the night before, but I was still waking up since I'm on EST) and ran by the beach in Santa Monica. I could not have asked for better mid-January weather. It was bright, sunny, warm without being too hot, and just perfect. The whole weekend was like that, and it really made me miss my SoCal upbringing in that weather. And being by the beach was also great and a reminder of some of the things I really miss about California. At the end of my run, I even walked down to the water just to make sure I got a dose of a Pacific Ocean in my system. It wasn't a very fast run, but it was so pleasant. If only I could live a car free life in LA, I would be very tempted to move back.

And the other reason I haven't been good about training this past week is because I am preparing to move. I'll still be in the same neighborhood, but I need to move to a puppy-friendly apartment. So although I didn't go out for any training this past weekend, I think I went up and down the stairs in my apartment at least 75 times on Sunday, which should count as some sort of cross training since my calves are sore.

So the next blog post will now be from higher up - from a 10th floor apartment. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment