Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

And the award goes to....

Well, this blog is working, kind of - I haven't been guilt tripped into working out by others so much as feeling a bit guilty myself and then not blogging about it, but I was guilt tripped for not updating... so this is for you, SWC! 

Since my last update, I have worked out a bit: 
-I've swam a couple of times, one early in the morning and the other tonight. I am hoping to make Monday nights regular swim nights, so hopefully some of my local friends will  keep on joining me for extra motivation.
-I've ran a bit, but not enough. I went out this weekend and used new gear I bought at the MCM (such as these really bright, reflective sleeves pictured on the right), but it was really cold when I started, so I went out way too fast the first mile and then felt really tired for the next mile and half, then settled for the next 1.7 miles, but then cut it short to stop a the farmer's market. I averaged 11:09 min/miles, which is not impressive and I was pretty sore after... sooooo yeah... I need to run more consistently.
-I haven't ridden my bike, but I did clean it really well yesterday and am waiting for a new bike pump (since someone who borrowed mine broke it) so I can inflate my tires and at least set it up on the trainer for week day training. I would appreciate any trainer work out suggestions if anyone has any. And no need to send me a lmgtfy link - I can do that myself, but figured I'd ask my friends too. I also need to do a bike fit too now that I have aero bars, so maybe I'll get that done as an early Christmas gift to myself. 
-I have been pretty good at keeping up with my push ups and sit ups that are part of the "Tri Chicks 100 Pushups Challenge". Week One I did a total of 68 push ups and 165 sit ups, and Week Two I did 94 push ups and 194 sit ups. 
-I didn't work out the weekend before last, but I did attend a wedding, so I danced a lot and consider it cross training...
-And that same weekend I also attended a party with triathletes, an awesome off season paella party hosted by the awesome (and Colombian) Alejandro, so that's also almost like working out, right? Well, maybe not, but it was a lot of fun, and explains the title of this post. My contribution to the party was funny/silly awards that I drew and decorated myself... such as the one here, Best Organizer of Off Season PAIN awarded to Karen aka 100 push up Tri Chick Challenge organizer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment