Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Social Butterfly on Social Media

I am a social butterfly... sometimes too social for my own good. I often joke that I am more dedicated to attending happy hours than I am about training. But I also call myself a triathlete. I have been involved in the sport a couple of years and really enjoy it, often times because of the friends I have made and the challenges I have accomplished with them. But many of these friends are going to move up to Ironman Distance races, and I'm not interested in this point of my life in taking on that endeavor. Instead my goal is to get faster at shorter distances, but this requires me to be more consistent in training, setting goals beyond just finishing, and focusing on speed work. 

And since I'm such a sucker for peer pressure, I've already signed up for my first race next year (Columbia Tri), and peer pressure also made me start this blog. Hopefully by having an audience, as small as it may be, will create the sort of social pressure for me to stay accountable to training and working out more consistently. So I hope you enjoy reading and if I start to flake out, I get guilt tripped into recording my progress which means doing things to create progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment